E-commerce is a trending topic nowadays, its demand is increasing day by day. Hence the demand for SEO in this sector is also increasing. There are several differences between normal SEO and e-commerce SEO, which you must know. It is also important to have some extra skills for e-commerce SEO. Today we will discuss some specific questions and issues.
Why is SEO necessary for e-commerce websites?
E-commerce SEO is very important for every business because if you don’t have SEO you will lose website visitors and also you will lose sales. This article is essential for those who have started a new website or want to see the good results of your website now.
• 44% of consumers start their online shopping process by searching on Google (nChannel).
• 37.5% of traffic to e-commerce websites comes from search engines (SEMRush)
• 23.6% of orders come to e-commerce websites through organic search traffic (Business Insider)
Website design is very important when it comes to e-commerce SEO. The design of your website should be such that a customer can easily find any product and view related products.
e-commerce keyword research
Keyword research is the foundation of every SEO campaign. Based on the keyword research, you will organize every aspect of the website and determine the next course of action
On-Page SEO of E-Commerce Websites
On-page SEO is about presenting information or products to search engines and users.
- Voice search volume has increased in various search engines, especially for e-commerce products, there is a lot of voice search, and these voice search keywords should be added to on-page SEO.
- Product descriptions should be well written, in most cases, it has been seen that SEO expert use “Lowest Price” “Best Product” “Free Delivery” or any promotional words in the product description. As a result, the website ranks for several keywords in addition to specific keywords.
Scannable Content: (headings, bullets, etc.): Scannable text entices visitors to read something. Put some scannable text on every page. Scannable means that you highlight the text you care about in the middle of the bullet. You might be writing an article about how one of your products will make your customers’ lives easier. You can then highlight some of the product’s special features in the form of bullets.
*Product title and meta tags should be as short but meaningful as possible.
- Page must use H1, H2, H3 heading tags.
- The website should have good reviews and if that review is published in the search results, visitors will come to the website relatively more.
- Write unique and quality content and do on-page SEO of the content. Duplicate content must be avoided to get rank.
Technical E-Commerce SEO Checklist
Technical e-commerce SEO is all about ensuring that certain aspects of a website meet the needs of search engines.
- The lower the loading speed of the website the better. By doing this, it will be convenient to get ranked in the search engine and the bounce rate of the website will decrease.
- Another important thing for the website is to ensure an “SSL Certificate”. Especially without an SSL certificate, it is not possible to get the rank of an e-commerce website.
- If there is any error in the Google search console, it should be found and solved quickly. Also, it should be ensured that all the posts and pages are indexed by Google. If Google doesn’t index your website, your website won’t appear in search results.
- Schema markup is to be added to the website. Schema markup is made up of a number of HTML tags, which will present information about product deals, product ratings, and stock to search engines. You can check the status of the schema markup in the product report in the Google Search Console. When you have a checklist of almost all the keywords, you can check the ranking in the search console.
- Robots.txt file must be uploaded. Basically, this file tells you which pages you want search engines to index.
Easy checkout page and payment method
You can collect as much information as you need. That’s why you can put the information in the first step and the delivery address in the second step and the payment method in the third step. If the customer leaves the checkout page after the first step, you can still get their information and remarket to them. So checkout page should be as easy and user-friendly as possible.
By adding a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) page on the website, the buyers should have a system to answer the questions from different perspectives.
Select specific keywords that sell well:
The biggest mistake that everyone makes is selecting the wrong keywords. Many people select high-search-volume keywords, but conversions are better for low-search-volume keywords. Therefore it is wise to select your long-tail keywords which will take you directly to the product page.
Don’t compete with your own keywords
Once you can separate transactional keywords and sales-driven keywords, one thing to be aware of is whether you are competing with yourself. If your site has 2-page rankings for a keyword, Google will be confused as to which one to show first. You definitely want to show the product page first and not your home page because your main objective is to sell.
How to do SEO on e-commerce sites?
Actually, it is difficult to explain how to do SEO by writing an article, although it is not that difficult, I have mentioned some points below.
Step – 1
- Solve the problems that you have identified first.
- Do not put any broken links on the home page.
- Check whether the design is correct, and offer banner, font, and banding color.
- Check if the mobile is responsive, fix it if not.
- Check site speed, and optimize speed if mobile 70 / PC speed score is below 80.
- Please link the important pages in the site footer.
Step – 2
- Optimize the site’s main title and description accordingly.
- Determine the URL structure
- Site. com/products/iPhone
- Site. com/iPhone
- Site. com/mobile/iPhone
- You can use any format without any problem, but I recommend number 1 more.
- Use breadcrumbs.
- Categories, tags and reviews, index (tags and reviews optional)
- Generate sitemap
- Create Robots.txt properly, because if it is wrong, there may be problems in indexing.
- Make proper use of the site’s shopping schema structure.
- Add the site to the search console.
- Add Google Analytics.
Step – 3
Product Category SEO For E-commerce Website”
The products category is one of the most important SEO factors for e-commerce sites, in most cases, categories are more important. So it should be given more importance. I added some points below
- Categories must be optimized according to keywords
- Use keywords in titles, use power words.
- The description should be written according to keywords.
- You can add extra articles in the category, you will get many benefits. But not disturbing
- Use category images. Image file name and image alt text should be given according to the keyword
Step – 4
Products Page SEO For E-commerce Website
Products SEO is easy to do on a small site because there are very few products, maybe you can do it in a few days or weeks. But what do you do if you have a site with millions of products? Do all the products SEO one by one year after year?
No, there is no need to do that. You can also SEO all products dynamically, but that will definitely require the help of a developer. Maybe we can discuss dynamic SEO some other day. If you want to rank a specific product, you must optimize the product with specific keywords. Let’s see some points about Product SEO today:
- Do keyword research on products
- Optimize titles according to keywords, products titles should be kept short and clean.
- Product descriptions must be unique, and re-written if necessary, but do not copy directly from other sites.
- Use multiple H2, H3, H4 tags in the description
- Use the image in the description, but do not copy the image and use it, change it a little. Use image alt text.
- Tables and bullet points can be used in the description.
- Write small paragraphs, not continuous capital letters
- Avoid spelling mistakes.
- Do internal linking to related products, categories, or blog posts.
- Do External Linking In definitely related searches, you can provide multiple links. Do-follow/no-follow both types of links will be given.
- Use alt text on product images, and use gallery images too.
Step – 5
SEO Backlinks For E-Commerce Website
Although backlinks are important for all sites, not so important for e-commerce sites, you can backlink. But since there are millions of products in your market, you can’t backlink to all products, you can backlink to your home page if you want, and you can also backlink to some categories. And if you have any special products, you can backlink that too in a special way. However, backlinking is not necessary. But it’s better if you do.
But what type of backlink is needed for ecommerce SEO?
- Profile Backlinks
- Social Signal Backlinks
- Image submission backlink
- Social Bookmarking Backlink
- Directory Submission
- Business Listing / Local Citation (If the business is based in local areas)
- Article Submission
- Web2.0 Backlink
- Guest post
- Question Answer Backlink
- Can do more natural type backlinks
Step – 6
How to increase traffic on e-commerce sites using SEO?
Share Various methods can be used to increase traffic on e-commerce sites, some of the methods are mentioned below:
- You can have a blog section on the site, where you can provide informative content on your related topics according to keywords. From there you can drive traffic to the products page. This can increase the cell.
- Certain products can be SEO well, if the products rank, you will start getting traffic from there. It doesn’t take much time if you optimize for keywords.
- Use Pinterest, it’s a heavy-traffic search, and you’ll get direct sales through the Pinterest Shop.
- Use google merchant center, from here you can get a lot of traffic and sales, you can get more than a million traffic per month.
- Must be active on social media.
Step – 7
I did everything now what to do?
Now do regular site audits, check technical issues, and check for induct issues. Visit Search Console regularly. Take a look at Google Analytics, see which products are performing well, and give them another SEO check.
Step – 8
I want to sell suddenly, what should I do?
Why there is no place for haste in SEO, still there is a limit, how long can you wait?
Use Google Merchant Center for free listings, Google Ads, and Facebook Ads for quick sales.
But you can definitely get results in SEO, wait for 4-6 months, before that you will get good results inshallah.
If you want to know something more specific, please let me know in the comments.